Learning from the Past
DAY ONE - Getting Ready
1) Review Assignment - Back to the Future
2) Brainstorm categories - Padlet (go to Google Classroom)
3) Think what is in each of the rooms in your home/garage/garden - what objects are interesting you? Explore some of these items. You need to know what your object will be by the next class. Bring a photo of the object or if it is small enough bring it to class.
* Google Like a Pro
1) How will you Collect and Organize your Information?
SS7 Past & Future
3) Research: Finding information on past objects and secondary sources about them.
4) What are some things to consider when reading and beginning to take notes?
How do you Cite an image?
PRACTICE - Vogt Google Classroom
Make a Copy
Continue working onyour Notecards
Complete all Notecards and highlighting
1) Timeline - Introduction to Canva
2) Create your timeline
4) Focus on what experts are saying a future model could look like - design and materials used.
5) What is your plan for creating your future model?
6) Example - The Vorke Bike
1) Work on Model
2) Write draft Placard
2) Finish Model/Placard
EXAMPLE - Placard
1) Museum Walk - Reflection
Pexels: Best free stock photos shared by talented photographers
iStock: Royalty-free videos, illustrations and video's
Photos For Class: Search now to download properly attributed, Creative Commons photos for school!
Canva a graphic-design tool website, which uses a drag-and-drop format and provides access to over a million photographs, graphics, and fonts. It is used by non-designers as well as professionals. The tools can be used for both web and print media design and graphics.