Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
eNotes: Collecting & Organizing Information
Pick one of the following:
1) Explain why they happen (cause)
2) Potential hazards
3) Technology - prevention, warning, or rescue
- WARNING: Early warning/detection systems of earthquakes, tsunamis, or volcanic eruptions.
- RESCUE: Rescue or relief procedures after an earthquake, tsunami, or volcanic eruption has already occurred.
- PREVENTION: Anti-earthquake, tsunami, or volcanic eruption technologies available.
- Encyclopedia Articles will give you an excellent overview
- Look for reputable sites such as Geological or Scientific Organizations
- Identify keywods eg. hazards, warning, prevention, rescue, warning
- Click on the controls on the bottom right- CC put closed captions on - so you can read and listen AND/OR slow down the speed
To reduce information to main ideas
To understand and learn important information
.....tell me what I need to know but keep it BRIEF!