"The more that you READ, the more things you will KNOW. The more that you LEARN, the more places you'll GO." - Dr. Seuss
“If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book.” – J.K. Rowling
Why and how do I find a 'Just Right Book?
1) Create a Goodreads Account
2) Browse resources:
3) Look up books in the Catalog and find them
4) Add you Goodreads or a List in your Notebooks
1) 'Just Right' Books
Finding the right book - why is it important?
In order to progress as a reader first you need a book that you can both understand and read or decode the words. Second you want to make sure it is right for you. Things to consider:
2) The Five Finger Test
A quick way to find out if a book is 'Just right' do the 'Five Finger" Test.
i) Open the book to a full page.
ii) Hold your fist closed
iii) Read out loud and hold up one finger for each word you don't know:
How do you find books you would like to read?
1) Talk to your friends
2) Browse through book recommendations sites online. These could include:
3) Where do I find lists of these kinds of site?
Yeah.......the library has done this for you. Reading Lists/Links
or go to the Reading Tab and drop downs from the Library Main Page