CAN WE BE SUPERHUMAN WITHOUT VITAMINS AND MINERALS?
1) You will be assigned a Vitamin or Mineral to research eg. Calcium
2) Answer a series of research questions.
3) Create a slideshow to present this information to your peers. The goal is to teach them about the effects of this vitamin or mineral on the human body.
1) Collection and Organization of Information?
Google Docs - Digital Notecards
Go to Google Classroom, the Digital NoteCard has been shared with you.
2) Where will you find your information?
Enc. Britannica (background information)
Infobase: Trial (Health Reference Center)
World Wide Web
1) Surfing the Web
BrainPOP (Internet Searching)
2) Evaluation of Web Sites
a) 7 Impressive Ways Vitamin C Helps Your Body
b) There is More Evidence to Suggest Popular Vitamin Supplements are Essentially Useless
Top 10 Slide Show Tips
1. Keep it Simple
2. Limit Bullet Points & Text
3. Limit Transitions (animation)
4. Use High Quality Graphics
5. Have a Visual Theme
6. Use Appropriate Charts
7. Use Color Well: Cool or Warm Colors (color evokes emotion)
8. Think about which Font to use
9. Use Video or Audio when appropriate
10. Think about Slide Order
1) Use quotation marks to find the exact phrase eg. "vitamin c"
2) Type filetype: pdf to find more academic articles eg. filetype: pdf vitamin A
3) Copy the image url to find similar images
4) Go to Google Image to find infographics which may help understanding - see example below