Science Inquiry is the process of asking questions and using evidence to create logical explanations.
Colonize Mars: Pick a topic related to Mars eg: Rockets, Tides, Moon Phases, Gravity, Orbits, Space travel, Satellites
STEP ONE - Getting Ready
1) Review Assignment
2) How will you Collect and Organize your Information?
3) Brainstorm ideas as you begin your inquiry? What do you know? What do you want to know? Create a Mind Map as you are reading to help you decide where you want to focus your research.
Research Packet - Begin Your Inquiry
Identify Keywords/Phrases to summarize the information.
Keyword: A significant word, or a word used to find information when researching.
Phrase: A small group of words which work together as a unit.
1) Continue to do the following:
2) If you haven't already done so - decide on your topic
3) What are some things to consider when reading and beginning to take notes?
What is a Summary?
A brief statement or account of the main points of something. An overview of what the text means. Shorter than that original.
Versus paraphrasing which expresses the meaning of (the writer or speaker or something written or spoken) using different words, especially to achieve greater clarity. Exactly the same ideas as the original but put into your own words.
It teaches you how to decide on the most important ideas in a text and how to ignore irrelevant information. A summary is shorter than the original and gives an overview of a topic.
How to Summarise?
An infographic is a collection of imagery, charts, and minimal text that gives an easy-to-understand overview of a topic. Infographics use striking, engaging visuals to communicate information quickly and clearly.
Free Infographic Makers
1) Piktochart: Create Infographics, Presentations & Flyers for free